The real life stories of a social naturist
What is Naturism
“How idiotic civilization is! Why be given a body if you have to keep it shut up in a case like a rare, rare fiddle?” —Katherine Mansfield
“Nudism is characterized by collective nudity among family and friends for the purpose of accepting the entire human body as being wholesome and shame free. “
Naturism is a lifestyle in harmony with nature, expressed through personal and social nudity, and characterised by self-respect of people with different opinions and of the environment
There are hundreds of definitions of naturism that can be found in books, magazines and the Internet. I found the following which seemed to sum up naturism for me:
We are naturists because …
- … because our body is something entirely natural and we accept it just the way we got it from mother nature.
- … because the pleasure of being nude liberates us from our acquired inhibitions.
- … because the bare facts don’t hide anything, although this can lead to disappointment for those accustomed to having their fantasies inspired by sophisticated beach fashion. It’s interesting to see the variety of bodies, from young to old, and to realize that all have a beauty of their own, even though few match the ‘ideal’ suggested by advertisements. The main point is that one accepts oneself and others just the way we all are, and we believe that this is a strong point of naturists. The saying goes “clothes make the man”, but are we only someone if we do wear something ?
- …because our birthday-suit is not only much more comfortable, it is also more beautiful and cheaper than any other garment. We do not need designer wear to improve our self-confidence, clothing just hides our own beauty!
- … because it’s just wonderful to feel the sun, the water and the air unhindered on our skin, whilst enjoying the calm and beauty of nature. To us, this is an important part of the joy of life.
- … because social nudity requires mutual respect and therefore produces a positive and tolerant conduct towards others.
- … because at naturist-resorts, quite often very far reaching conversations develop, be it with long-time friends or complete strangers. Possibly one does subconsciously take off more than just ones clothes and one can therefore speak more openly. Those who have the self-confidence to show their bodies, also often have the honesty to open their inner selves. In any case, we have found that naturists generally think more open mindedly and reveal more of themselves than average people do. Could it be that naturists questioned the taboos and guidelines of today’s society and deliberately chose their own path?
- … because “au naturel” no sand sticks between our bum, the entire body quickly dries after bathing, no sunburned rims appear, nothing pinches and one sweats less because the entire body can breathe unhindered.
- … because we are very often out in the fresh air in our birthday suits, we feel physically and mentally fit and well-balanced. In this way naturism inspires us to many activities, spiritually and bodily, which advance our creativity.
- …because we wanted to experience our own freedom. We feel better towards others, because we are at one with ourselves. This freedom must be experienced, you cannot just “imagine” it.
- … because the following thesis of the International Naturist Federation matches with our philosophy of life “Naturism is a lifestyle in harmony with nature, expressed through social nudity, and characterised by self-respect, respect for people with different opinions and for the environment.”
- … because we also agree with the following thesis of the internet. naturist movement: “Comprehensive nudity is the best approach to effect a return to nature. Without any doubt, it is naturism’s most noticeable feature, though it’s not the only one. This comprehensive nudity is a great leveller, freeing people from the internal tensions generated by the taboos and the provocations of contemporary society, and pointing to a healthier and more humane way of life. “
- …because on a warm day out in the nature or on the beach, it’s more fun just in the birthday-suit, it’s more comfortable, more natural and even more healthy!
- … and ESPECIALLY: On the beach, it’s more fun just in the birthday-suit, it’s more comfortable, more natural and even more healthy!
- Naturism is not a secret cult, international organisation, charity sect, alternate health group. Naturists love the sunshine but do not worship the sun or the moon. Enjoy the healing benefits of heliotrophy. Naturism is a leveller, no Amarni, or Gucci, no clothes, no make up or jewels to adorn the body and signify station in life, just naked as equals. No social strata or pecking order. For example we entertained our neighbours at Empire Haven Nudist Resort to sunset drinks and snacks. Two couples of the same age group, enjoying the setting sun with a glass of wine and sharing life stories in the nude. He was a retired truck driver, she had worked on a factory line making widgets of some sort. Despite the background divide we had a most enjoyable evening without prejudice or pretension. The evening ended in naked hugs all round and my wife was quiet relaxed being hugged in the nude by a naked man. I was also relaxed about the sincerity and warmth of the hug I got from our departing new found female guest.